Tuesday 20 August 2019

analysis - Determine whether this series is absolutely convergent, conditionally convergent or divergent?



The series $ \sum_{n=1}^{\infty} \frac{(-1)^n n}{n^2 + 1} $; is it absolutely convergent, conditionally convergent or divergent?



This question is meant to be worth quite a few marks so although I thought I had the answer using the comparison test, I think I'm supposed to incorporate the alternating series test.


Answer



Your series is convergent by Leibniz-theorem but not absolutely convergent as you can see by comparison with $\sum \frac{1}{n+1}$


No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...