Friday 7 June 2019

general topology - 1-1 correspondence between [0,1] and [0,1)

I wonder how to build a 1-1 correspondence between [0,1] and [0,1). My professor offers an example such that 1 in the first set corresponds to 1/2 in the second set, and 1/2 in the first set corresponds to 1/4 in the second. I don't quite understand it. Does it mean every element in the first set corresponds to its half value in the second set? wouldn't that make some elements left out in the second set? Does it still count as 1-1 correspondence? Does it connect to Schroder-Bernstein theorem?

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...