Tuesday 4 June 2019

real analysis - Prove that if $a_n$ is a non-negative sequence, lim $a_n$ = 0 $implies$ lim $sqrt{a_n}$ =0

The book I am using for my Advance Calculus course is Introduction to Analysis by Arthur Mattuck.



Prove that if $a_n$ is a non-negative sequence, lim $a_n$ = 0 $\implies$ lim $\sqrt{a_n}$ =0



This is my rough proof to this question. I was wondering if anybody can look over it and see if I made a mistake or if there is a simpler way of doing this problem. I want to thank you ahead of time it is greatly appreciated.So lets begin:



Proof:




enter image description here

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...