Wednesday 25 March 2015

calculus - Can we consider a hypergeometric function as a closed-form?

Let's say a calculus problem like an integral or a series has a solution that inevitably involving a hypergeometric function. It turns out that hypergeometric function cannot be expressed in term of certain "well-known" functions or expressions. The question then arises:





Can we consider that solution as a closed-form?




How about a solution that involving a Meijer $\rm G$-function? Please provide me an answer or a comment that contains explanations to support your arguments. I am aware that the answer of this OP can be subjective, but I would dearly love to know your thought or opinion, so please share your view about this issue as an answer or a comment. Any constructive answers or comments would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...