Wednesday 25 April 2018

algebra precalculus - Percent decrease in log space

I calculated the percent decrease of a value measured at two timepoints:



$\frac{t_1-t_2}{t_1} = d$



but I've now realized that the numbers I was given were log transformed, so it's not really correct to say, for example, that if $d = 0.6$ then the value decreased by 60%, since it's a 60% decrease in log space. I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to transform the $d$ I've already calculated into the correct value without recalculating using the untransformed $t_1$ and $t_2$. It seems like it should be fairly straightforward, but for some reason I'm having a hard time thinking about it. Maybe it's not as simple as I think. Is this an easy thing to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...