Friday 20 April 2018

sequences and series - Convergence of $sum_{n=1}^infty frac{sin^2(n)}{n}$




Does the series $$ \sum_{n=1}^\infty \frac{\sin^2(n)}{n} $$
converge?





I've tried to apply some tests, and I don't know how to bound the general term, so I must have missed something. Thanks in advance.


Answer



Hint:



Each interval of the form $\bigl[k\pi+{\pi\over6}, (k+1)\pi-{\pi\over6}\bigr)$ contains an integer $n_k$. We then have, for each $k$, that ${\sin^2(n_k)\over n_k}\ge {(1/2)^2\over (k+1)\pi}$. Now use a comparison test to show your series diverges.


No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...