Monday 19 November 2018

integration - Where is the mistake in proving 1+2+3+4+… = -1/12?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-I6XTVZXww#t=30




As I watched the video on YouTube of proving sum of $$1+2+3+4+\cdots= \frac{-1}{12}$$



Even we know that the series does not converge.



First I still can't prove what wrong in infinite sum of $$1-1+1-1+1+\cdots= \frac{1}{2}$$



and I want to know more about of what mistake did they make in the video.



I did research on our forum about this topic. But still not clearly understand about of that proving.




Thank you.
(Sorry about my bad English )

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...