Sunday 15 September 2019

calculus - Closed form for $int_0^1 e^{frac{1}{ln(x)}}dx$?



I want to evaluate and find a closed form for this definite integral:$$\int_0^1 e^{\frac{1}{\ln(x)}}dx.$$



I don't know where to start. I've tried taking the natural logarithm of the integral, substitution and expressing the integrand in another way but they haven't led anywhere. The approximation should be between $.2$ and $.3,$ and is probably a transcendental number.



Thanks.


Answer




Let's verify Robert Israel's find. Observe that



$$I:=\int_0^1\exp\frac{1}{\ln x}dx=\int_0^\infty\frac{1}{y^2}\exp -(y+y^{-1})dy=\frac12\int_0^\infty(1+1/y^2)\exp -(y+y^{-1})dy,$$where we have substituted $y=-1/\ln x$ and then averaged with $y\mapsto 1/y$.



In view of the integral $K_\alpha(x)=\int_0^\infty\exp[-x\cosh t]\cosh(\alpha t)dt$ and the substitution $y=\exp -t$, $$2K_1(2)=\int_{-\infty}^\infty\exp[-2\cosh t]\cosh tdt=\frac12\int_0^\infty\exp [-y-1/y](1+1/y^2)dy.$$


No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...