Sunday 15 December 2013

modular arithmetic - modulo large numbers

I have this RSA-crypto question on my exam, to make a long story short, we do not need to go in to all details about the question, but rather the specifics with which I get stuck.




I have no idea how to solve this specific task:



http://s22.postimg.org/rh0vgoaz5/Sk_rmavbild_2015_10_22_kl_22_39_02.png



Sorry that the picture is not uploaded here directly but I don't have enough reputation here to do so, so please click the link.



They are using mod 779 btw.



Now What I don't get is how they can simplify 574^2 to -41. Because from what I see neither Fermat's little theorem or Eulers theorem can be applied here, are they using some other formula? Cause if not, this seems next to impossible to calculate without a calculator, and calculators are not allowed on the best.




Thanks in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...