Tuesday 17 December 2013

sequences and series - What is the sum of the first 21 numbers of the formula below?

I know how to solve the geometric progression and arithmetic progression but this one seems strange to me, it isn't even a harmonic serie, Any help for solving it would be appreciated.



$$\sum_{n=1}^{21}\frac{3n+1}{n^{n+1}}$$



I have simplified the formula to this:




$\frac{3n}{n^{n+1}}$ --> $\frac{3}{n^{n}}$ --> $3\frac{1}{n^{n}}$



and $\frac{1}{n^{n+1}}$
so it would be:



$3\frac{1}{n^{n}}$ + $\frac{1}{n^{n+1}}$



I there would be a formula for calculating the sum of $\frac{1}{n^{n}}$ the problem would have been solved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...