Monday 28 January 2013

calculus - Show that $int^{infty}_{0}left(frac{sin(x)}{x}right)^2 < 2$



I`m trying to show that this integral is converges and $<2$

$$\int^{\infty}_{0}\left(\frac{\sin(x)}{x}\right)^2dx < 2$$
What I did is to show this expression:
$$\int^{1}_{0}\left(\frac{\sin(x)}{x}\right)^2dx + \int^{\infty}_{1}\left(\frac{\sin(x)}{x}\right)^2 dx$$
Second expression :
$$\int^{\infty}_{1}\left(\frac{\sin(x)}{x}\right)^2 dx < \int^{\infty}_{1}\left(\frac{1}{x^2}\right)^2dx = \lim\limits_{b\to 0} {-\frac{1}{x}}|^b_0 = 1 $$
Now for the first expression I need to find any explanation why its $<1$ and I will prove it.

I would like to get some advice for the first expression. thanks!


Answer



Hint: $$\lim_{x\to0}\frac{\sin x}{x}=1.$$


No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...