Friday 25 January 2013

elementary set theory - Is there any name for the set of 'sets which contains only numbers'?

I know that groups, rings and fields are the sets which contains only numbers but they bears additional properties too or to say that these are just the subsets of the set I'm talking about.



The required set is the set of subsets of the set of real/complex numbers.



PS
The numbers can either be real or complex.







EDIT:



Suppose that I pick an arbitrary set from this set then do we have a special name for it to differentiate it from other type of sets which may contain other mathematical objects too?

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...