Wednesday 13 September 2017

real analysis - Evaluate $limlimits_{ntoinfty}nintlimits_0^1 f(x)e^{-nx}mathrm dx$ where $,f$ is bounded in $mathbb{R}^+cup{0}$



Evaluate $\lim\limits_{n\to\infty}n\int\limits_0^1 f(x)e^{-nx}\mathrm dx$ where $\,f$ is bounded in $\mathbb{R}^+\cup\{0\}$.




My problem is that I think there's missing information about $f$, e.g. some kind of continuity on $0$. Because if we change the variable of integration for $\frac xn$ the integral is equal to
$$\lim\limits_{n\to\infty}\int\limits_0^n f\left(\frac xn\right)e^{-x}\mathrm dx$$
And that can be dominated by $Me^{-x}$, where $|f|\leq M$. But the convergence is to a function non continue (necessary).



Am I wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...