Friday 22 December 2017

functional analysis - Let $(x_n)$ be a bounded sequence such that $(T^* Tx_n)$ is Cauchy. Then $T^*x_n$ is also Cauchy.



Let $T$ be a compact operator in Hilbert space. Let $(x_n)$ be a bounded sequence such that $(T T^*x_n)$ is Cauchy. Then $T^*x_n$ is also Cauchy.




I'm quite lost here. I know that $TT^*$ is also compact, so we can find some convergent subsequence $TT^*x_{n_k}$, but this does not help in showing that $T^*x_n$ is also Cauchy. I tried using the fact that $x_n$ is bounded so $x_n$ has a weakly convergent subsequence, however, I couldn't make much progress from this. How may I go about to show this? I would greatly appreciate any help.


Answer



Note that:
$$
||T(x_n-x_m)||^2 = \langle T(x_n-x_m),T(x_n-x_m)\rangle \\= \langle (x_n-x_m),T^*T(x_n-x_m)\rangle \leq ||x_n-x_m|| \cdot ||T^*T(x_n-x_m)||
$$
Since $x_n$ are bounded, say $||x_n||

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...