Monday 29 January 2018

special polynomials

I'm searching for a polynomial $f$ of degree 4 with the following property: $f$ and all its derivatives have the maximum number of integer roots.



Concretely formulated:



$$\begin{eqnarray*}
f(x) & = & (x-a)(x-b)(x-c)(x-d) \\
f'(x) & = & 4(x-e)(x-f)(x-g) \\
f''(x) & = & 12(x-h)(x-i) \\
f'''(x) &= & 24(x-j) \\

\end{eqnarray*}
$$



should be satisfied simultaneously with distinct integers $a,b,c,d$, distinct integers $e,f,g$, disctinct integers $h,i$ and an integer $j$.



My conjecture is that there is no such polynomial. For degree 3, there are solutions. Can anyone either prove this or find a counterexample?

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...