Friday 23 March 2018

geometry - Find possible areas of triangle given radius of circumscribed circle

Question: In triangle ABC, AB=4, AC=5, and the radius R of the circumscribed circle is equal to √7. Find all possible values of the area of triangle ABC.



Through using the sine rule, i found the angle of B to be approximately $70.89339$, the angle of C to be approximately $49.10661$ and the angle of A to be $60$. Using the cosine law, I found the missing side length BC to be $√21$. Using Heron's law, I then found the area to be $5√3$.




However, this question requires more than one area. I am confused as to how to obtain the second area?

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...