Wednesday 17 October 2018

congruences - Solve $3y + 2 equiv 3 (5)$ in math exercise



I'm stuck at the ending part of a math exercise on congruences.



I must solve the following system of congruences $S$:



$x \equiv 2\ (3)$



$x \equiv 3\ (5)$




I was first asked to give the remainders of the division of $3y +2$ by 5, with knowing the remainders of the division of $y$ by 5.



Here's what I did:



-If $y \equiv 0\ (5)$, then $3y +2 \equiv 2\ (5)$



-If $y \equiv 1\ (5)$, then $3y +2 \equiv 0\ (5)$



-If $y \equiv 2\ (5)$, then $3y +2 \equiv 3\ (5)$




-If $y \equiv 3\ (5)$, then $3y +2 \equiv 1\ (5)$



-If $y \equiv 4\ (5)$, then $3y +2 \equiv 4\ (5)$



Here's the part of my exercise I'm stuck with:



I must find the solutions of $3y +2 \equiv 3\ (5)$, knowing that each solution $x$ is like $x$ = $15z + 8$ with $z$ which is an integer. Then, I will need to prove that each integer $x$ like $x = 15z + 8$ is a solution of the system $S$.



I really don't know what to do with this part of my exercise, what shall I do?




Thanks for your answers.


Answer



Hint : $15z+8\equiv 8\ (\ mod\ 3\ )$ and $15z+8\equiv 8\ (\ mod\ 5\ )$ because of $3|15$ and $5|15$.


No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...