Thursday 25 October 2018

number theory - Solving linear congruence (modular inverse or fraction) by solving Bezout equation

Isn't finding the inverse of $a$, that is, $a'$ in $aa'\equiv1\pmod{m}$ equivalent to solving the diophantine equation $aa'-mb=1$, where the unknowns are $a'$ and $b$? I have seem some answers on this site (where the extended Euclidean Algorithm is mentioned mainly) as well as looked up some books but there is no mention of this. Am I going wrong somewhere or is this a correct method of finding modular inverses? Also can't we find the Bézout's coefficients by solving the corresponding diophantine equation instead of using the extended Euclidean Algorithm?

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...