Sunday 16 December 2018

Taylor series expansion of base 2 logarithms

Sorry for the noob question, but I've been hitting my head against the wall on this for a while.



I am looking for a Taylor series expansion of a logarithm other than the natural logarithm $ln(x)$. It seems that every piece of literature I've been going through treats solely the natural logarithm and not logarithms in other bases.



In particular, I would like to know the Taylor series corresponding to the binary logarithm $log_2(x)$. For instance, how would I go about calculating $log_2(3)$ using the Taylor series?



Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...