Thursday 7 February 2013

complex analysis - Understanding $e$ and $e$ to the power of imaginary number

How did the value of $e$ come from compound interest equation. What does the value of $e$ really mean...



Capacitors and inductors charge and discharge exponentially, radioactive elements decay exponentially and even bacterial growth follows exponential i.e., $(2.71)^x$ ,why can't it be $2^x$ or something.



Also $e^2$ means $e*e$ ,$e^3$ means $e*e*e$
But what exactly $e^{ix}$ mean...




I want to know how to visualise $e^{i \pi} =-1 $in graphs... I knw how to get the value of such type of equations but Im not able to understand what they actually mean....
Plz help me...

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...