Thursday 30 May 2013

calculus - Calculate the limit: $lim_{xtoinfty} sqrt[x]{3^x+7^x}$




Calculate the limit: $$\lim_{x\to\infty} \sqrt[x]{3^x+7^x}$$



I'm pretty much clueless on how to approach this. I've tried using the identity of $c^x = e^{x \cdot \ln(c)}$ but that led me to nothing. Also I've tried replacing $x$ with $t=\frac{1}{x}$ such that I would end up with $\lim_{t\to 0} (3^{1/t} + 7^{1/t})^{1/t}$ however I've reached yet again a dead end.



Any suggestions or even hints on what should I do next?


Answer



Note that



$$\sqrt[x]{3^x+7^x}=7\sqrt[x]{1+(3/7)^x}=7\cdot \large{e^{\frac{\log{1+(3/7)^x}}{x}}}\to7$$


No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...