$\mathop {\lim }\limits_{x \to {0^ + }} \left( {\frac{1}{x} - \frac{1}{{\sqrt x }}} \right) = \mathop {\lim }\limits_{x \to {0^ + }} \frac{{1/\sqrt x - 1}}{{\sqrt x }} = \mathop {\lim }\limits_{x \to {0^ + }} \frac{{ - \frac{1}{2}{x^{ - 3/2}}}}{{\frac{1}{2}{x^{ - 1/2}}}} = \mathop {\lim }\limits_{x \to {0^ + }} \left( { - \frac{1}{x}} \right) = - \infty $. However, the answer is $\infty$. Can you help me spot my error? Thanks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$
How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...
-
How can one proof the equality $$\sum\limits_{v=0}^k \frac{k^v}{v!}=\sum\limits_{v=0}^k \frac{v^v (k-v)^{k-v}}{v!(k-v)!}$$ for $k\in\mathbb{...
-
How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...
-
If you think about the limit definition of the derivative, $dy$ represents $$\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\dfrac {f(x+h)-f(x)}{h}$$, and $dx...
No comments:
Post a Comment