Saturday 17 February 2018

Book for studying Calculus II

What book should I choose for self-studying Calculus II?. I'm looking for a book that has a good explanation of the content and also solved exercises (which is a very important thing that I'm usually missing).




I'm already studying Calculus I by A First Course in Calculus by Lang and Calculus and Analytical Geometry by Thomas and Finney. Do you think these are good books for Calculus II? I have a feeling Lang doesn't cover all the contents in my course (not sure about Thomas and Finney tho). What is in your opinion the best book for self-study. If there is a better book than the ones on this list please tell me. Thanks!!



NOTE:
Here are the contents of my course:
The algebraic and topological structure of $\mathbb{R}^n$.



Functions from $\mathbb{R}^n$ to $\mathbb{R}^m$: continuity and the notion of limit. Differential calculus. Partial derivatives. Chain rule. Taylor's theorem in $\mathbb{R}^n$ and applications to the study of extreme values. Inverse and implicit function theorems. Extreme values of functions with constrained variables.



Multiple integrals: Fubini's theorem, change of variables theorem, applications to the computation of physical quantities.



Line integrals: Integrals of scalar fields and vector fields. Fundamental theorem of calculus for line integrals, conservative fields, and scalar potentials. Green's theorem.




Surface integrals: surface integrals of a scalar field, flux of a vector field, divergence theorem and Stokes' theorem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...