Wednesday 28 February 2018

Find the two limits without the use of l'Hospital's rule or series expansion.



I was asked to evaluate these two limits:



$$\lim_{x\rightarrow0}\frac{x^3}{x-\sin x}$$

$$\lim_{x\rightarrow0}\frac{e^{-x^2}+x^2-1}{\sin(3x^4)}$$



For the first one I tried to divide the numerator and denominator by $x^3$, but I can't get the answer unless I apply l'Hospital's rule or using a series expansion.



I also tried to use a substitution $u=x^2$ for the second limit, but I can't seem to relate anything between the exponential function and sine function.


Answer



As shown here we have that




  • $\lim_{x\to0}\frac{\sin x-x}{x^3}=-\frac16$


  • $\lim_{x\to0}\frac{e^x-x-1}{x^2}=\frac12$



For the second one we can use that



$$\frac{e^{-x^2}+x^2-1}{\sin(3x^4)}=\frac{e^{-x^2}+x^2-1}{-x^4}\cdot \frac{-3x^4}{\sin(3x^4)}\cdot\frac13$$


No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...