Thursday 15 February 2018

sequences and series - How do I evaluate this sum :$sum_{n=1}^{infty}frac{{(-1)}^{n²}}{{(ipi)}^{n}}$?

I'm interesting to know how do i evaluate this sum :$$\sum_{n=1}^{\infty}\frac{{(-1)}^{n²}}{{(i\pi)}^{n}}$$, I have tried to evaluate it using two partial sum for odd integer $n$ and even integer $n$ ,but i can't since it's alternating series ,and i would like to know if it's well know series also what about it's values :real or complex ? .



Note : wolfram alpha showed that is a convergent series by the root test




Thank you for any help

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...