Tuesday 16 September 2014

linear algebra - Eigenvalues and eigenvectors of similar matrices.

Suppose there is a transformation $T$ and let $A$ be a matrix representation of $T$ with chosen basis. If I find out the eigenvalues of matrix $A$, these eigenvalues will be the eigenvalues of the transformation $T$?




Then what about eigenvectors of $T$? As far as I know, similar matrices have same eigenvalues, so any matrix representation of $T$ with different basis has same eigenvalues, but eigenvectors corresponding to eigenvalues are dependent of matrix representation.



Then, what can I say about eigenvectors of $T$ by just looking at the eigenvectors of matrices?

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...