Sunday 17 January 2016

real analysis - Does the series $sum^{infty}_{n=1}frac{2n^{5}+13n^{3}}{n^{frac{1}{n}}(n^6-n^2+7)}$ converge or diverge? Justify.





Does the series $$\sum^{\infty}_{n=1}\frac{2n^{5}+13n^{3}}{n^{\frac{1}{n}}(n^6-n^2+7)}$$ converge or diverge? Justify.




I know that it diverges. I am trying to use the comparison test to prove it but I am having trouble finding a smaller series that diverges. Any help would be greatly appreciated.


Answer



HINT



Note that since $n^{\frac{1}{n}}\to 1$



$$\frac{2n^{5}+13n^{3}}{n^{\frac{1}{n}}(n^6-n^2+7)}\sim \frac2n$$




then use limit comparison test with $\sum \frac1n$.


No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...