Wednesday 12 October 2016

complex analysis - Definite integral calculation with poles at 0 and $pm isqrt{3}$

$$\int_0^\infty \frac{\sin(2\pi x)}{x(x^{2}+3)}$$



I looked at $\frac{e^{2\pi i z}}{z^{3}+3z}$, also calculated the residues, but they don't get me the right answer. I used that $\int_{-\infty}^\infty f(z)dz = 2\pi i (\sum \operatorname{Res} z_{r}) + \pi i Res_{0}$, but my answer turns out wrong when I check with wolframalpha.



Residue for $0$ is $1$, for $z=\sqrt{3}i$ it's $-\frac{e^{-2\pi}}{2}$ . . .




In a worse attempt I forgot $2\pi$ and used $z$ only (i.e. $\frac{e^{iz}}{z^{3}+3z}$) and the result was a little closer, but missing a factor of 2 and and $i$.



Can anyone see the right way? Please do tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...