I want to construct an irreducible polynomial of degree $2$ over $\mathbb{F}_p$ where $p$ is a prime that can be written as $4k+1$. My attempt is as follow: we can assume that this polynomial is of the form ${x^2} + ax + b$ for some $a,b \in {\mathbb{F}_p}$. So for all $\lambda \in {F_p}$, $p$ doesn't divide ${\lambda ^2} + a\lambda + b$. It follows that ${\lambda ^2}$ is not equal to $a\lambda + b
\bmod p$. If we can find some $a,b \in {\mathbb{F}_p}$ such that $a\lambda + b$ is a nonresidue for all $\lambda \in {F_p}$, it is ok. But I cannot. I wait your response.
Tuesday, 25 October 2016
number theory - Constructing an irreducible polynomial of degree $2$ over $mathbb{F}_p$
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$
How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...
-
How can one proof the equality $$\sum\limits_{v=0}^k \frac{k^v}{v!}=\sum\limits_{v=0}^k \frac{v^v (k-v)^{k-v}}{v!(k-v)!}$$ for $k\in\mathbb{...
-
How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...
-
If you think about the limit definition of the derivative, $dy$ represents $$\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\dfrac {f(x+h)-f(x)}{h}$$, and $dx...
No comments:
Post a Comment