Wednesday 26 October 2016

trigonometry - How were these values of sin x found?

I'm working on Trigonometry problems that have to do with inverse functions.



So I have an example problem that goes like this:



$$\ 10\sin^2x = \sin x$$




and apparently the solution set is:



$\sin x = 0 $ if $ x = 0.0 , 3.1$



and $\sin x = 1/10$ if $ x = 0.1, 3.0$



I know how to do these problems in terms of radians, but I don't know what these integers are referring to on the unit circle, because when I assume that 1 = 360 degrees, the equations still don't make sense.



Can someone please help me with how these values were computed? I can't find any examples in my textbook.




Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...