Wednesday 26 October 2016

sequences and series - How to know if it diverges or converges and finding the convergent value

I am given the following succession/series/sequence:



$$ a_n = \frac{4n^5 +4n^3+n}{5n^4-2n^5+n^2} $$



How do I find out if it converges or diverges and how to find such values.




I am quite lost on the subject.



I've read that in a Geometric succession/series/sequence it is convergent if the ratio is less than 0, but I'm not sure if its a geometric series.



Help is really appreciated, thanks in advance.






PD: My native language is not english so I'm not sure what the appropriate term would be, is it succession, series or sequence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...