Saturday 22 October 2016

random - How to handle dice probability? ie, how much more likely would 3 six sided dice give a higher sum than 3 four sided dice?

I am playing at making my own table-top gaming system/rules and I wanted to have a better handle on how likely different dice combinations will give a higher result than one another. I know that a six sided die roll averages to 3.5, and an eight sided die roll averages 4.5, but I still don't quite have a grasp on just how likely it is an 8 sided die comes up with a higher result than a 6 sided one.



I would also like to know how adding integers to die results effects their comparative advantage as well, like how often would the sum of 3 six-sided dice with a 1 added to the final result give a higher outcome than just 3 six-sided dice?




Thanks in advanced for any advice, I'm just not really sure where to start with this, I focused mostly on algebra/calc/trig in school and never really did any probability/stat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...