Tuesday 28 November 2017

combinatorics - How to prove that $n$ divides $binom{n}{k}$ if $n$ is prime?

I want to prove that n divides $\binom{n}{k}$ and so I expanded the term to
$\frac{n(n-1)..(n-k+1)}{k!}$. Clearly $n$ divides the numerator and also $n$ is relatively prime to all of the terms in the denominator and so $n$ is not divisible by $k!$. I'm struggling with how to approach that $\frac{(n-1)..(n-k+1)}{k!}$ is integer.



This problem comes as an example in the book I'm reading and supposedly it's obvious but I don't see it.



Edit: Sorry adding that we must have $1 \leq k \leq n-1$.

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...