Saturday 25 November 2017

real analysis - Why can't we determine the limit of $cos x$ and $sin x$ at $x=infty $ or $x=-infty$?

I'm confused about why we can't determine the limit of $\cos x$ and $\sin x$ as $x \to \infty$, even though they are defined over $\mathbb{R}.$



When I use Wolfram Alpha, I get the following result (link to page):




enter image description here




which shows only that there are $2$ limits :$-1$ and $ 1 $.




Can someone show me why we can't determine $\lim \sin x$ and $\lim \cos x$ at $x=\infty $ or $x=-\infty$ ?



Thank you for your help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...