Sunday 12 November 2017

functional analysis - $f_n rightarrow 0$ in $L^1$ $implies sqrt{f_n} rightarrow 0$ also?



Let $(X,\Sigma,\mu)$ be a finite measure space, and let $\{f_n : n \in \mathbb{N} \}$ be a sequence of non-negative measurable functions converging in the $L^1$ sense to the zero function. Show that the sequence $\{\sqrt{f_n}:n \in \mathbb{N} \}$ also converges in the $L^1$ sense to the zero function.



So I have to somehow show that




$$
\lim_{n \to \infty}\int_X\lvert\sqrt{f_n(x)}\rvert\;\mathbb{d}\mu(x) = 0
$$



If I'm honest I don't really know where to start. I think it's an easy question, but I'm new to this stuff. Any help appreciated!


Answer



You have the right choice of $p = q = 2$. However, choose $u = 1$, $v = \sqrt{f_n}$, then



$$\int_X \left|\sqrt{f_n}\right| \ d\mu = \left\| 1.\sqrt{f_n} \right\|_1 \ \leq \ \left\| 1 \right\|_2 \ \ \left\| \sqrt{f_n}\right\|_2 = \ ...$$


No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...