Thursday 23 November 2017

Isomorphism with Lie algebra $mathfrak{sl}(2)$

Let $L$ be a Lie algebra on $\mathbb{R}$. We consider $L_{\mathbb{C}}:= L \otimes_{\mathbb{R}} \mathbb{C}$ with bracket operation
$$ [x \otimes z, y \otimes w] = [x,y] \otimes zw $$
far all $x,y \in L$ and $z,w \in \mathbb{C}$. We have that $L_{\mathbb{C}}$ is a Lie algebra.
If $L= \mathbb{R}^{3}$ and for $x,y \in L$ we define $[x,y]:= x \wedge y$ (where $\wedge$ denotes the usual vectorial product). We have that $(L, \wedge)$ is a Lie algebra. I have to prove that $L \simeq \mathfrak{sl}(2)$. In order to do this I'd like to prove that $L \simeq \mathfrak{so}(3,\mathbb{R})$. Than, because $\mathfrak{so}(3,\mathbb{R}) \otimes \mathbb{C} \simeq \mathfrak{sl}(2)$ and $\mathfrak{sl}(2)$, up to isomorphism, is the unique $3$-dimetional semisimple algebra, I complete my proof. So my questions are: 1) How to prove that $(\mathbb{R}^{3}, \wedge) \simeq \mathfrak{so}(3, \mathbb{R})$ ? 2) Why $\mathfrak{so}(3,\mathbb{R}) \otimes \mathbb{C} \simeq \mathfrak{sl}(2)$ ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...