Sunday 18 January 2015

real analysis - examples of conditionally convergent series other than alternating harmonic series

I've been trying to find interesting examples of conditionally convergent series but have been unsuccessful. I'd particularly like to find a conditionally convergent series of the following form:




$\sum_{n=1}^\infty a_n$ where $a_n=f(n,z)$ with $Im(z)≠0$



(or even better $a_n=f(n,z^n)$, with $Im(z)≠0$)



but if you know of any interesting conditionally convergent series at all, please share. Alternating harmonic series appears to be the most popular example everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...