Sunday 17 May 2015

linear algebra - Matrix Properties: Elementary row/column operations

Let's say I have a matrix A of arbitrary size, and I perform a finite number of both elementary row/column operations on it, obtaining matrix B.



Are there any unique properties of matrix B that would be the same as matrix A? Such that I will be able to recognize that matrix B is a result of these operations performed on matrix A.



Here are some of the stuff that I've managed to find so far:



From Wikipedia, "Elementary row operations do not change the kernel of a matrix" "Elementary column operations do not change the image, but they do change the kernel."



And I've been told on StackOverflow that "if you don't consider scaling a row/column as an elementary operation a lot more structure is maintained".




Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...