Sunday 31 May 2015

real analysis - Converge Test on the series $sum limits_{n=0}^{infty} left(frac{2n+n^3}{3-4n}right)^n$



I want to show, that $a:=\sum \limits_{n=0}^{\infty} \left(\dfrac{2n+n^3}{3-4n}\right)^n$ is not converging, because $\lim \limits_{n \to \infty}(a)\neq 0 \; (*)$. Therefore, the series can't be absolute converge too.



Firstly, I try to simplify the term. After that I want to find the limit.




Unfortunately, I can't seem to find any good equation with that I can clearly show $(*)$.
\begin{align}
\sum \limits_{n=0}^{\infty} \left(\dfrac{2n+n^3}{3-4n}\right)^n&=\left (\dfrac{\not{n}\cdot (2+n^2)}{\not n \cdot (\frac{3}{n}-4)}\right)^n\\
&=\left(\dfrac{2+n^2}{\frac 3n-4}\right)^n\\
&= \cdots
\end{align}



How to go on?


Answer



Recall that




$$\sum_0^\infty a_n <\infty \implies a_n \to 0$$



therefore if $a_n \not \to 0$ the series can’t converge.



In that case for $n\ge 3$ we have



$$\left|\dfrac{2n+n^3}{3-4n}\right|=\dfrac{2n+n^3}{4n-3}>\dfrac{n^3}{4n}=\frac{n^2}4\ge2$$



and then




$$|a_n|=\left|\dfrac{2n+n^3}{3-4n}\right|^n\ge 2^n$$



Refer also to the related:




No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...