Friday 15 May 2015

sequences and series - Difficult nonlinear system based on max value




Let $ (a,b,c)$ be the real solution of the system of equations $ x^3 - xyz = 2$, $ y^3 - xyz = 6$, $ z^3 - xyz = 20$. The greatest possible value of $ a^3 + b^3 + c^3$ can be written in the form $ \frac{m}{n}$, where $ m$ and $ n$ are relatively prime positive integers. Find $ m + n$.




I got that:




$$a^3 + b^3 + c^3 = 28 + 3abc$$



I tried using a substitution,



$t = abc$ to get:



$a^3 + b^3 + c^3 = 28 + 3t$ but I cannot replace the LHS.



Can somebody just help me with the substitution, thats all!?


Answer




Hint.



You have $$\left\{
\begin{aligned}
x^3=2+t\\
y^3=6+t\\
z^3=20+t
\end{aligned}
\right.$$ Hence $$x^3 y^3 z^3 = t^3 = (2+t)(6+t)(20+t)$$


No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...