Wednesday 19 September 2018

Simplifying fraction with square root as denominator

I'm trying to find the integral of:




$$\dfrac {2\sqrt{x} - 3x + x^2}{\sqrt{x}}$$



but I first need to simplify it so I tried dividing by the $\sqrt{x}$ for each of the numbers on the top like so:
$$\dfrac {2\sqrt{x}}{\sqrt{x}}$$



and did the same for the others. For the one above it was easy to see that it just simplifies to $2$. But I am unsure how to do the same for the others for instance $\dfrac {-3x}{\sqrt{x}}$. I know to $-\sqrt{x}$ but i don't know what $-3x - \sqrt{x}$ would come out with?

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...