Sunday 3 February 2019

calculus - Critical values of sine function, when undefined

This may be a beginner question, but I really want to understand this good and thorough.



I have this sine function, withing the interval $-3 ≤ x ≤ 3$



$$f(x)=\frac{\sin (\pi x)}{\sin(2\pi x)}$$



My question is regarding local maximum and minimum values wich i assume this function does not have, as all $f'(x)=0$ are undefined? In the same manner this function would also not have a horizontal tangent?



(as far as i understand its possible to transform the function using trig identities, but the questions above is regarding the function in it's original form.)




Would be really greatful for any help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...