Intuitively it seems that both concepts should be disjoint because if a function is discrete then it has some holes on it and if a function is continuous then it doesn't have holes. But now I'm not sure because, from my understanding, a function may be continuous at $x_{0}$ if $x_{0}$ is an accumulation point in its domain such that $\lim_{x\to x_0}f=f(x_{0})$. So for example the function $f:\mathbb{Q}\to \mathbb{R}$ such that $f(x)=x$ is such that $\lim _{x\to x_0}f=x_{0}=f(x_{0})$ and then $f$ is continuous at any point in its domain but also it's discrete. What I'm a missing?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$
How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...
-
How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...
-
$$ 3x+6y+5z=7 $$ The general solution to this linear Diophantine equation is as described here (Page 7-8) is: $$ x = 5k+2l+14 $$ $$ y = -l $...
-
How can one proof the equality $$\sum\limits_{v=0}^k \frac{k^v}{v!}=\sum\limits_{v=0}^k \frac{v^v (k-v)^{k-v}}{v!(k-v)!}$$ for $k\in\mathbb{...
No comments:
Post a Comment