Tuesday 9 June 2015

calculus - Computing a limit involving Gammaharmonic series

It's a well-known fact that
$$\lim_{n\to\infty} (H_n-\log(n))=\gamma.$$



If I use that $\displaystyle \Gamma \left( \displaystyle \frac{1}{ n}\right) \approx n$ when $n$ is large, then I wonder if it's possible to compute the following limit in a closed-form




$$\lim_{n\to \infty}\left(\frac{1}{ \Gamma\left(\displaystyle \frac{1}{1}\right)}+ \frac{1}{ \Gamma\left( \displaystyle \frac{1}{2}\right)}+ \cdots + \frac{ 1}{ \Gamma \left( \displaystyle \frac{1}{ n}\right) }- \log\left( \Gamma\left(\displaystyle\frac{1}{n}\right)\right)\right),$$
where I called $\displaystyle \sum_{k=1}^{\infty}\frac{ 1}{ \Gamma \left( \displaystyle \frac{1}{ k}\right) }$ as Gammaharmonic series.
I can get approximations, but I cannot get the precise limit, and I don't even know if it can be expressed in terms of known constants.



A 500 points bounty moment: I would enjoy pretty much finding a solution (containing a closed-form) for the posed limit, hence the generous bounty. It's unanswered for 3 years and 8 months, and it definitely deserves another chance. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...