Wednesday 24 June 2015

complex analysis - Conformal map from $mathbb C - [-1, 1]$ onto the exterior of unit disc $mathbb C - overline{mathbb D}$.

I am finding a conformal map from $\mathbb C - [-1, 1]$ onto $\mathbb C - \overline{\mathbb D}$, where $\mathbb D$ denote the open unit disk.



The hint of this exercise says that I could make use of square root $\sqrt{\quad}$ to construct such a function, but I can't figure out what's the relation here since I don't think $\sqrt{\quad}$ can be defined on the domain.



Could anybody give me some further hints?



Rmk: By conformal we means that the desired function $f$ is holomorphic with nowhere vanishing derivative but not necessarily bijective.

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...