Monday 25 April 2016

calculus - Integral ${largeint}_0^1left(-frac{operatorname{li} x}xright)^adx$

Let $\operatorname{li} x$ denote the logarithmic integral
$$\operatorname{li} x=\int_0^x\frac{dt}{\ln t}.$$

Consider the following parameterized integral:
$$I(a)=\int_0^1\left(-\frac{\operatorname{li} x}x\right)^adx.$$




Can we find a closed form for this integral?




We can find some special values of this integral:
$$I(0)=1,\,\,I(1)=1,\,\,I(2)=\frac{\pi^2}6,\,\,I(3)\stackrel?=\frac{7\zeta(3)}2$$
The last value was suggested by numeric computations, and I do not yet have a proof for it.





Can we prove the conjectured value of $I(3)$?




One could expect that $I(4)$ might be a simple rational (or at least algebraic) multiple of $\pi^4$ but I could not find such a form.




Can we find closed forms for $I(4),I(5)$ and other small integer arguments?


No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...