Saturday 16 April 2016

elementary set theory - Need help for proving that: $f(f^{-1}(A)) ⊆ A$

I realised I needed to show more information, which I now did:




$$f: X \rightarrow X \,\,\,\rm{and}\,\,\,\, A \subseteq X$$



Proof that: $$f(f^{-1}(A)) \subseteq A$$




This is my proof:




By defintion:



$$f^{-1}(A)=\{x \in X\mid f(x) \in A\}$$
and



$$f(A)=\{f(x) \mid x \in A\} = \{y \in X \mid \exists x \in A: y=f(x)\} \subseteq X$$



Therefore we can end the proof by a final definition:\
$$f(f^{-1}(A))=\{y \in A: \exists x \in f^{-1}(A):y=f(x)\} \subseteq A$$




Is this a legit "proof"? And is it even a proof, when i only use definitions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...