Friday 15 April 2016

algebra precalculus - Solve ......................................................................



This is the question



This is the answer




This is what I did
Hate to type hence this



Can anyone tell me what's wrong me or the question?


Answer



You did the case $y=4x$, and got answers $x=1$ and $x=-\frac{9}{4}$. Neither is a solution of the original equation. It is easy to verify that when $y=4x$ we have $\sqrt{\frac{x}{y}}-\sqrt{\frac{y}{x}}=-\frac{3}{2}$.



When you squared, you introduced extraneous roots. Only $x=4y$ leads to a solution of the system.


No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...