Monday 11 April 2016

limits - Evaluating and proving $limlimits_{xtoinfty}frac{sin x}x$

I've just started learning about limits. Why can we say $$ \lim_{x\rightarrow \infty} \frac{\sin x}{x} = 0 $$ even though $\lim_{x\rightarrow \infty} \sin x$ does not exist?



It seems like the fact that sin is bounded could cause this, but I'd like to see it algebraically.



$$ \lim_{x\rightarrow \infty} \frac{\sin x}{x} =
\frac{\lim_{x\rightarrow \infty} \sin x} {\lim_{x\rightarrow \infty} x}
= ? $$



L'Hopital's rule gives a fraction whose numerator doesn't converge. What is a simple way to proceed here?

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...