Friday 26 July 2013

real analysis - Recursive relation in the square root form.

I apologize if this has been asked before, but I have been struggling to show the convergence and the limit value of the following recursive relation:




$x_{n+2}=\sqrt{x_n x_{n+1}} $ with initial values $x_1=a$ and $x_2=b$ for $0




I showed by induction that $ x_{2n-1}. I know that if I could show that $\lim_{n\to\infty} x_{2n}-x_{2n-1}=0$, then this implies convergence. However, I could not see the pattern. Moreover, I could not find the actual limit either. Thanks for any help!

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...